Future of CD's - Hard drive based music

The big change/future I have found is the use of all digital music - I havent used my CD player since christmas - I got a Mac Mini and ripped all my CDs to the harddrive lossless formated and got a decent DAC - I Ripped only the songs I liked and I now have over 4 days worth of music I enjoy - no more getting up changing CD's,I can instantly play any song from my entire library of favorites. I use my Sony Hi-def TV as the monitor so I can web browse while listening to music. The sound quality is as good as CD's as far as I can tell - I wonder how long it will be before lossless songs are offered online - this will completely kill the need for CD's for me.
thymanst
Plus I can listen to radio all day long. Soon cdps will be things of the past.

Yep, as long as you rip 'Red Book' CD's. But this is entirely different with SACD. And in my system/room and to my ears, SACD is superior.
Folks:

What DAC did you purchase (specifically Thyman andKybaklan).

Thanks.

Richard
Rbischoff, i have a Benchmark dac1 with some empirical audio mods including the I2S mod. I have an Empirical Audio off ramp I2S between my computer and the Benchmark dac. I'm now mainly listening to headphones and have a bunch of different amps and cans and can say for certain that the music has all the depth and texture i expect from a first class system - nothing at all like you would think from a computer system. made a believer out of me.
Sorry guys, I'm not ready to trust any harddrive as my only musical source. Your harddrive will fail. Not if, when. Now there is the backup consideration. How often, how many. Storage solutions are not a mature technology. Remember the Jazz drive? If you only download music and you have a catastrophic equipment failure you will lose your entire music collection. I for one am not even close to only using downloads and harddrives as my musical source.
don't get me wrong, I love my ipod as the most convenient music-on-the-go source. I doubt i'll ever get rid of or stop buying cds though for several reasons: listening to them in the car, sound quality, and i like browsing for them at the store and discovering new music. Also, I agree with others that there is something to be said about holding the jacket in hand to see what the artist had in mind for the presentation of their music. Hard drive based music is just another alternative option for getting the music to my ear.