H E L P !! Network issues with Teac NT 505?

I have a Teac NT-505. It sounds very good when I can get it to work. The problem as I see it is too many handshakes have to be made by too many pieces over the network. Both hardware & software are involved. FWIW I'm trying to get the music from a HD on my  my computer in the office to the Teac in the LR

My library resides on a Hard drive of a computer which is in my office. I run Serviio as the server. I use BubbleUpNP on my tablet to control the system. I have a Linksys WRT 1900 acs router which is/was among their best. Though I have used computers for 30 yrs and stereos since I was a kid, I am not the best at troubleshooting network issues which is where I believe the problems take place due to too many handshakes necessary  between too much hardware and software. I am hoping to resolve the issue by direct connection of a HD of some description which will take the library off of the network. But I haven't tried that yet, mostly because I'm old and tired of dealing with issue after issue. Then too, even after I do that , IMO, there is no guarantee that will work and I am tired of experimenting with it. I bought the streamer/player/Dac  with the thought that it would be easier. But its been very exasperating instead.

MY other choice is to try another streamer, IE an Aurender which has the proprietary  HD and software. But then I will need a Dac which adds more expense which strains the budget of an old retired guy. I could use the Dac of the Teac but was hoping to sell it to help fund the Aurender, etc
Am I on the right track?  

128x128artemus_5

I suggest upgrading your WiFi to some type of mesh system that will allow you to have a node located near the Teac, this will allow you to then connect the 505 via Ethernet.

Thanks  I have an extender which has an Ethernet connection near the Teac.  I am only running Car 5 and have wondered if Cat 7 is needed. Also I have considered a better extender but Its a total guess..

Do you have the most recent firmware in the NT-505?

I have one in the far corner of my house connected to a wireless access point by cat6 and have no issues. No dropouts anyhow. Once in a while it won't play and I need to restart it. I have the other one connected directly to my router with cat8. No issues ever with that one. It could be something as simple as a bad cable.