Stillpoints Ultra SS under your speakers?

Hi,

I'd like to hear anyone's experiences with replacing their speaker spikes with the Stillpoint Ultra SS isolation/vibration control devices. I did a search and found a few related threads, but I would like to hear more. I want to try them under my Merlin VSM-M's, and yes I know Bobby will strongly disapprove...
BTW, if it matters, my speakers are on a carpeted suspended wood floor.
Thanks!
heymikey
Just looked it up: I have the Cerapucs. I had the Cerabases at one point, and looked up Roy Gregory's review of them in Hi Fi Plus, and saw the anatomy of the device. It's similar to the Stillpoints in the technological approach, from what I can see of the device in Gregory's review: 3 ceramic balls between the top part and the bottom part. Interesting.
I thought I saw a posting awhile back about leaving a gap between the speakers and the Stillpoints but now, I can't find it. Is that a true statement or am I delusional?
Ozzy, that is the StillPoints recommendation given to me verbally. I don't think I have ever seen it in print.

On my old Tidals I found it sounded better that way. Star Sound Tech., however, says no flush against the speaker is best. Perhaps which is best depends on the technology used as StillPoints seeks to absorb vertical vibrations and Star Sound seeks to pass them to earth.

I cannot have them stand off under my BMC Aracadias as the thread inserts move further into the speakkers with the weight of the speakers on them.
Tbg, Thanks that is probably where I heard it from.
I'm always game for experimenting so I'll try to loosen them up tomorrow.
Ozzy, Stillpoints should be backed off from the base of whatever they are used on. About the width of a playing/credit card. Also make sure that the "cap" is also is also not turned tightly. It should be about a half turn or so. Basically you want to "brake contact" between them and not have the cap tight.