McIntosh -- good for show, not for sound, says dealer

More unvarnished truth from YouTube.
"real audiophiles...know it doesn't sound that good"

https://youtu.be/sMUQqAagKm0?t=181

Real audiophiles -- be aware. You've been read the Riot Act. 

Discuss.

128x128hilde45

No, I didn’t miss the point. Just commenting on Lexus. Hey, I drive a Ford truck!

Ok, how exactly have they lost a few steps?  Especially to Ford, this will be fun.

I go back to my Lexus comparison. Lexus owners, as with McIntosh don't have an inferiority complex. They enjoy what they have and don't feel the need to bash others.

I agree, and I suspect that the YouTube guy would say "Enjoy what you want. It's a free country." 

What he is claiming, though, is that while you're enjoying the Mc experience, you are foregoing better quality experience with other gear. In part, he says, you're taken in by the looks of Mc. In part, you're just stuck in a comfy cage. You've settled for lesser gear. Are you content? Sure. So are those who eat pork rinds and call them gourmet food. But you're missing out on the real audiophile experience that Mc. cannot deliver.  

So, he's not bashing Mc owners, per se. He's pitying them for being stuck. And he's warning those not yet owning Mc gear  -- or the other brands which are not truly audiophile as he defines it -- to steer clear of those audio cul-de-sacs.

I think the Mc fans here have more or less countered these claims. I'm just pointing out that he's not really bashing people so much as saying they're deluded in thinking they've gone into true audiophile territory.

Bigtex..I have an early 70s orange hand EcplororII along with a 1961 explorer 1 1016 and several other Rolex sports watches..I can come up with 6 or 8 watch brands better just off the top of my head so I would not get so cocky with your bolstering.

I am astounded by the focus people put on the gear...

I perfeclty know why now...

They dont know how to make the better with what they already own...

There is no relation between any system before and after acoustic treatment and acoustic control...NONE...

I dont give a dam about the gear now...

Give me any relatively good speakers, dac, and amplifier, i will make them sound very very good....Any gear...It is easier with the best for sure thats all....It is impossible with very bad cheap design also yes for sure...But i speak about any relatively good one...

Acoustic is the road not a branded name of amplifier save for ignorant reviewer...

It is like most people wanted to sell their taste in gear revealing their complete ignorance in acoustic...

I prefer to sell and educate about a  process...