Sonus faber choices - help me decide

New Olympica Nova II or used Amati Futura? The Futuras will be $5,000 more, but they retailed for $38,000 when new vs $10,000 for the Novas. 

My 16’x24’ room is treated with GIK panels. I sit 9’ away from my B&W CDM 9NT towers now. I also have dual SVS PC2000 Pro subs.

Sources are mostly Tidal from a Node 2i through a DACMAGIC 200m.  I’m using a Denon x3700h as a preamp in a 7.2.4 configuration, with the LCR+surrounds driven by a Rotel 5x200 amp.

jwildcat89

That is why I didn't buy the $38,000 speakers. I went with the Olympica Nova V instead. And I'm not driving them wholly from the Denon. The Denon is running in preamp mode. The signal is going to a Rotel 5x200w amp.

My next update will be amplification or pre-amplification. I use the room mostly for 2-channel (technically 2.2), but it is a home theater as well. That leaves me two paths. I could buy a higher-end AVR or processor+amps to clean up the signal path (e.g. Anthem), or I could buy an integrated amp that has home theater bypass. I have a PS5, so HDMI 2.1 is a big nice-to-have, and none of the higher end brands I have seen support 2.1 yet. I'm leaning toward the HT bypass route, and have my eye on the Anthem STR integrated. I really want room correction. In my experience it makes a world of difference. That is why the STR is attractive. I understand ARC is really good.

I'm open to suggestions. I am new-ish to high-end audio, so if anyone has suggestions on the right path and right equipment to match Olympica Nova Vs, I'm all ears.

Yes use the bypass option to a preamp or DAC.  Pricy home theater processors are still just ok (not great) and get outdated real quick. Honestly I would try some budget ones first. Schitt or Benchmark might surprise you. 

The Sonus Faber’s I’ve heard were driven by Accuphase amps, for what it’s worth. Pricey, I know... It depends a lot not only on the budget and synergy, but also on your priorities in terms of sound. For example, I value tone and timbre very highly so I’ve recently bought an Accuphase E-470. For ultimate dynamics and impact I would have considered something else.

As difficult as it may be, trying at home would be the best option by a thousand miles. Maybe the only reasonable option at these prices.

I ordered my Nova Vs last October and they were just delivered and setup this past Monday. Paired with a McIntosh MA8900 and Roon Nucleus (running Tidal), they sound great. Dealer told me they’ll sound even better after they’ve broken in with a few hundred hours of use. Congrats, I promise it’s worth the wait!

curious how do you find the bass once the speakers are broken in, please share your impressions