Confusion re Esoteric X-01 Limited and X-01D2

Does anyone know the differences between the Esoteric X-01 Limited and the recently-released Esoteric X-01D2? The information may be there on the Teac website but I'm afraid I can't read Japanese.
crossinn
frankg, I have heard the same thing. The VRDS NEO in its various incarnation is inferior at least from the materials point of view to the original VRDS used in the X-01. Now, whether or not this makes a difference is another matter. I believe this is why APL chooses to use the X-01 as its foundation for its line of cdps. The transport used on the new P-05 is definitely inferior. I believe it uses some sort of ABS plastic as well as other cost saving measures.
yes, but is the comparison meaningful? Doesn't X-01 D2 cost a little more than twice the X-05? More interestingly, what is the sonic difference between the X-05 and the X-01 D2? G.
Great question Guido. I feel the same way. I guess the sonic differences will also be due to the other quality parts in the D2. Whether or not these differences are worth double the price is really up to the individual.