Esoteric X-01 SE vs EMM CDSA SE

Hi guys and Happy New Year!!!
Has anybody got the chance to compare side by side these two great players?What is you opinion?
Im interested in purchasing one of the above players so i would really appreciate any comments from you!!!
Are they both the same "flavour"??or is it just a matter of taste in the end?
Thanks!
mixalis
Mixalis between these 2 I vote for the new EmmLabs cdsa se.
The new xo1-d2 is also a strong contender it has the p03-do3 transport and selectable dacs. Only a side by side comparison will tell the truth though.

Did you listen the new Emmlabs?
There is one player you should audition, it is the Meridian 808i. We comparred it with the Esoteric X-O1. And I was surprised how much better it was compared to the X-O1. Only when played on sacd the low frq. where better. All the other aspects the Meridian was of another league.
Kops i dont think George will bring the EMM LABS as demo....So either i buy it without auditioning it, or i m getting the Esoteric!!!As you understand its impossible to do a side by side comparison.....Tough choice!!Heard great things about the Emm Labs though!!!
Leonx ill try to audition the Meridian as well!Dont want to leave out a strong competitor like that especially as you are saying its better than the Esoteric!
Mixalis: I'm not sure if this helps, but I did have a standard X-01 in my system and was not impressed at all. The high frequecnies were very analytical and fatiguing. Bass was excellent. Overall it sounded very "digital" to my ears. I'm not sure if the Limited or D2 would compare. The build quality on the Esoteric is amazing and "could" be bought for that reason alone. It is a work of art.

The EMM Labs CDSA SE is to my ears the much better sounding player. It is truly engaging and musical with wonderfully extended and smooth highs, incredible staging and imaging, prodgious bass that is detailed and tight, and a midrange to die for. It is not up to the Esoteric in build quality, although is very attractive and an improvement over previous EMM products. Best wishes on choosing a player.

Frank
There are some to claim there's no difference between meridian G08 and 808 as for sound. In this price I'd like to have good SACD playback.

Mixalis if I were you I'd go for the EMMlabs.