Computer to DAC with no USB

I have a Benchmark DAC I purchased based on quality, not connectivity. I have been trying to figure out how to connect the DAC to my computer having only an optical, coaxial, and XLR connection at my disposal.

I found an RME audio interface with optical output (and coaxial clock), will the audio interface take output from my computer, or does it only come from external inputs?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree altogether?

Thanks

ricksgiving

Do you not have a sound card on your computer with a optical output. I connected my Benchmark DAC3B to my computer this way. This is not the ideal way to listen to music, but OK for watching my hockey and baseball games via the computer.

For music streaming, you could consider the Denafrips DDC products that are supposed to be good quality and relatively low cost. This will solve your connectivity issue to the Benchmark DAC1.

DDC | denafrips

Here is the sound card I use on my computer. It was supposed to be good back in the day.

ESI - Product Archive: Juli@ (esi-audio.com)

A streamer will improve sound quality and most will have spdif outputs. Take a look at the ifi zen streamer and their website for information