Recommendation for Digital Coax

Looking for a good digital coax to go from my Bluesound Node 2i to my first stand alone DAC, an Aqua La Voce S2. Preferably something that won't break the bank.

dadork

The Silverstar by Black Cat Cable  Coaxial Digital Cable. $350.00 at TheCableCompany. 

Also look into The Chord Company Signature Super ARAY cables. 

N

I’ve always thought a digital coax cable made no difference.  It either works or doesn’t.  Im a believer in power cords, speaker cables and interconnects but never place any emphasis on the digital coax cable.  I was wrong though.  They can and do make a difference in my system.  I have a signal cable silver resolution that sounds thin and bright compared to an audioquest that I had laying around.  I’ll be getting a few others to try when I have some extra $

In order of SQ

1. I2s however this is my project for this year to implement I2s so I cannot verify this in practice, only research.

2. USB controversial choice here but with the correct DAC and DDC it is capable of outclassing AES/EBU.

3.AES/EBU Excellent and for most people it will provide the best sound.

4.BNC SPDIF Very, very close to AES/EBU.

5.RCA SPDIF Least favorable of the above.

6.Toslink usually only capable of 24/96 kHz and is the worst choice you can make. Only suitable for a soundbar if you don't have another choice. Better than HDMI eARC however, but that may be down to equipment.

I like BNC terminations and they fit more snuggly than most RCA. Some claim they measure better but I haven’t seen the empirical data. Silverstar! From Blackcat Cable, call Steven at the Cable company. Excellent bass!

If you want to reach for the stars go to the Chord Company. Their Signature lineup is very good but the Sarum T is wicked. Even better the ChordMusic. Supposed to be one of the best on the planet. On using the Signature Array but an planning to got to the Sarum T. It uses a newly trademarked dialect called Taylon. Better than PTFE Teflon. The Cable Company has prices.