KEF Blade 2

HI everyone - 

I may have a chance to audition a pair of KEF Blade 2 speakers.

Does anyone have any experience or comments about these?

I'm not really familiar with the KEF sound and currently have a pair of B&W 802D (first diamond generation)

Thanks in advance.....

onehorsepony

A dealer DM’ed me about 2 weeks ago and told me that the KEF Reference line and the Blades are getting the META treatment and an announcement is imminent. The Ref line goes up by $1000 and I believe the speaker stands for the Reference 1 decrease by $1000.

The Blades are my favorite of ALL speakers, and I have heard a lot of top end speakers.

I should add that another KEF dealer told me that he had not heard anything about the META announcement.

Well, I worked for Magnolia a short bit and got to hear the Blade 2s, but unfortunately they were hooked up to McIntosh electronics, which, to me, is like throwing a wet blanket over the speakers so I don’t think I heard them at their best. That said, I did get to hear the original Blades at a show hooked up to I think Coda electronics and they sounded really good. But, and this is only based on my tastes and opinion, I’d take the Joseph Audio Pearls or Vandy Quatros any day over Blades. Just my $0.02 FWIW.