turntable for daughter

My daughter has asked for a turntable for Xmas. Considering a Project Debut Carbon Evolution. Maybe a Thorens TD 190-2 if she wants automatic. any suggestions or thoughts?

Not giving her my SOTA Cosmos

mjs

She is 30 and works as an attorney on the other side of the country in Boston. Has little exposure to using vinyl but has listened to my system.  Also now considering the Music Hall Classic. Am not sure whether she is going to use it with an integrated amp I can give her plus an inexpensive phono pre amp plus whatever small speakers she chooses or just a pair of powered speakers such as the PSB alpha AM3.

Post removed 

I guess age could play into this.  Is this a 10 year old or an adult daughter.  My teenage daughter got the UTurn Orbit. I added the que mechanism and picked the grado cart instead of the ortofon options. 

she is in hog heaven. 

I would’ve purchased a Fluance if we didn’t get the UTurn.  Rega would be my next choice.  We picked the UTurn for ease of use and color options as much as anything.  

It has been a winner.  If I had it to do again I would make the same choice.  

I had a schiit mani and she had active speakers.  

I would prefer the Rega with the included Phono stage if I was going for an all in one package. 

Just saw the post on the age.  I would get her the Rega that fits your price point. 

Maybe it would be good to have her go to Goodwins High End in Boston & pick out what she likes. They carry Pro-ject & Rega. Fidelis &  Audio Video Therapy in Nashua, NH are also a great places to go.