Other factors affecting sound

I'm building a dedicated room in my basement and was wondering if I should care about in wall electrical wiring and Receptacles. Do these generally make a big difference. I assume anything should be better than builders quality material. Are there any specific recommendations? What about whole house surge protection? Also, I have an option to install a second electrical box, is this helpful? I have a 5000sq ft house in suburban area with very few houses near me. I have clean and stable power. Recommendations appreciated. 

ei001h

I do recommend you go with at least commercial grade, tamper resistant outlets. Super expensive at around $5 each. :-) After a long period of time CG outlets will still grip tight. Tamper proof is required in residences and keeps kids from starting a fire with paper clips. Above all, avoid rhodium plated outlets if you go all in on even more expensive outlets.

The sub panel is really pretty useful in making it cheap to have multiple circuits in one room. You can run an oversized 220V wiring to your listening room and then take individual circuits from there. Also, you can put an in-panel surge protector at both your main and the sub panel. This is often preferable, both cost and math wise to running large individual circuits all the way from your main panel to your listening room.

When I built my new house I told the electrician to put higher grade wires, separate paths & such into my proposed listening room. I got PS Audio receptacles from one of the audiophile mail order sites. The electrician looked at them with amusement but gamely installed them. Did it all actually improve things? Because I have no verifiable "before" for my "after," I have no idea. All I can say is that the components I moved from my previous house did sound significantly better in the new digs.

Post removed