Need new headphone setup.

I have a speaker oriented system that is very satisfying to me. But because of a need to maintain domestic tranquility I’m looking to go to a less noisy alternative: i..e. headphones.
I want to spend a total of about $1000. So, nothing too fancy. Not the equivalent of my much more expensive speaker system.
What do I need to assemble a headphone system independent of my regular system which is accessible from my listening chair and side table?
I plan on solely streaming. My present system contains a WiFi streamer.
Can that be incorporated, or do I need a new streamer?
I understand that I need a headphone preamp along with the cans.
I know my budget is not too high, but can I get something relatively decent at it?

Currently, I listen though cheap ear buds and stream through an iPad.

128x128rvpiano

Just pulled a reverse and cancelled the Sennheiser and spent a lot more on the AUDEZE.

I love you man!  Which model did you get?  I hate to say it, but they will scale up considerably with a better amp/DAC, but the Cobalt will definitely be a good start.  Congrats...again!

Was going to suggest the Meze 99 Classics.  They have a richer sound great for classical and jazz.  Not so great for bass heavy music like rock, etc.  Just too much bass IMO.  Excellent build quality and super comfortable as well.  I am in the process of researching an amp for them.  Something dynamic with a clear top end.  Extra bass emphasis not required!  Any suggestions welcome!

I really like Audeze's house sound.  I have LCD-2, LCD-XC, and LCD-4.  You're probably leaving a lot on the table in terms of sound quality with that DAC.  You really need a decent DAC and a headphone amp to get the most out of those headphones.  You're off to a nice start though.