Accustic Arts

Does anybody have any experience with the new Drive 1-MK2 and the DAC 1-MK4? Your opinions please.

Thanks
docmark
I heard the AMR at CES and learned that it used the old TDA 1541A chip as does Zanden. I liked the looks of the unit, but the sound like in all the rooms on the mezzanine was pretty awful. I lost interest.

I know how much difference the post dac filtering can make as I had the Exemplar 5910 with the initial mods and later with the post dac filter mods. The filter mods were a substantial improvement. Zanden, of course, spent a good deal of time dealing also with the issues associated with the TDA 1541A chip. I had the first version and found it quite good, but I think it is uncompetitive now.
Just wanted to share that I had the pleasure of having in my home two new audiophile friends to listen to my system last week.

The relevancy for this thread regarding their visit is that one of these gentleman mainly came over to hear the Accustic Arts combo. In his system he had already purchased and sold the Esoteric P3/D3 combo, he and his friend both found it kinda "ruthless" and not very musical in his system, and his present DAC is an Audio Logic, the latest generation.

Well, to say the least he thought the Accustic Arts pieces were "delightful" and offered a "million dollar Sound" at a very reasonable price, was much better then his Audio Logic DAC and now wants to do a home audition.

Hi Teajay, I heard the same from another owner of a P3/D3 combo which is just so bizarre.

So what's all the talk about these pieces? I have to say that I have not heard them so I can't personally comment.

I received an email from someone saying the AMR destroys the "AA" combo but to only find out that this person has never even heard the "AA" combo. Took some doing of emails going back and forth and at the end to find out that this person is a actual dealer of the product.

I have never heard the AMR unit and plan on it when I can get my hands on one but I believe that there is just allot of hype going on.

I had a Zanden in my system for the last two days, please this unit isn't as good as all the hype I've heard either. I was expecting it to beat on the "AA" DAC. This was not the latest and greatest unit which I have heard is greatly improved over the one I had. I can say any "AA" owners be grateful with what you have, I was so happy to get mine back into my system and the three other individuals that heard the two were in agreement.

If Tbg is correct about the components of the AMR unit along with the comments that I have read comparing it to the Zanden saying that it is as good or close which I believe is the same model that I had, no worries "AA" OWNERS.

If you refer back to my prior thread about one of my friends with the dcs gear well without me knowing he went out and purchased the "AA" COMBO. How I found out was he was one of the individuals that was over and heard the Zanden in my system and remarked I'm so happy with my "AA" COMBO.

I'm still awaiting for my Oracle 2000 transport to arrive, I have been told the break-in will take some time.

I had mentioned that I was awaiting for some Sistrum product to arrive well it did. I bought a SP-6 STAND and a pair of SP-1 platforms and the coupling disc's off of Megapixel. I want everyone to BEWARE! of Magapixel. The SP-6 stand I bought was suppose to be "brand new" as per his ad, as per the Link that he provided in his ad the same product. I actually confirmed with him prior to buying that it was the same unit as on the Sistrum site but what I received was not. The unit was only partially new!and not the same. The pair of SP-1's were also of different finish not matching each other. I contacted the seller inquiring about the situation, I asked to be refunded my money back and I would send the product back. He was reluctant to do so and replied back with a lessor amount back than I had paid. He said if you wanted that unit you should of bought it from them and you would of paid more, his remark about the pair of SP-1's being different was that the sound won't be effected by this. We went back and forth and got no where, Robert from Sistrum was so nice that he is helping me out with this situation so it won't cost me a whole lot to get what I was actually suppose to be getting. I was shocked though because this seller has a good feedback so if you plan on buying from him be cautious.
Dev, I saw that you have your Accustic Arts Drive1-MK2 on sell here on the GON. Does that mean you got your Oracle 2000 transport already and thought it out performed the Accustic Arts Drive? Please share what has taken place if that is the case, I'm quite interested in the details of your auditioning experience.
Just in general, if you ever hear someone say of two high-end pieces that one "destroys" the other, take it with a huge grain of salt. Nothing digital destroys the AA, though some may prefer another piece.