Can recommend some non-fatigue SMALL bookshelf for near-field listening?

Hi guys,

I have been searching for a pair of small passive speakers for near-field listening for a long long time. Ideally, something with <27 cm depth would be a great fit. A relaxed/non-fatigue/good bass sound would be preferred. 

I tried these.

B&W 607s2 -- currently using -- can be aggressive/bright quite often

Dynaudio Evoke 10 --- pronounced at 2-5 kHz, sounds thin to me.

LS 50 meta ---- bass a bit tide... need some volume to sound good.

Can you guys recommend some other speakers that can do the job? What about Mission QX1 MkII or Wharfedale Denton 80? My amp is Nad c275bee with a Schiit freya+ preamp.  Thanks a lot guys!

tension255

I think if the Wharfedale Denton 80 is where you're setting the budget, and fatigue is the number one thing you're trying to fix, you might really like them. I also fatigue very easily, and finally got my system fatigue free with the Monitor Audio Gold series standmounts and Audioquest DBS cables throughout. The Monitor Audio Silver 6th Generation speaker line is on clearance at Audio Advisor right now putting it almost in line with your budget. I had some Silver 100's for a long time and loved them.

op there are many many to choose from, it would be helpful if you specified a budget and also whether you will run with or w/o sub

couple points on others’ comments thus far

- buchardt s400 -- nice speaker, but no, not for nearfield... waveguide tweeter and rear passive radiator on that speaker require it to be played at some distance for it to be heard as mads designed it

- ’best harbeth you can afford’ - i agree with this very much

I love my p3esr for nearfield with freya plus and aegir. Replaced Denton 80s and did not look back. Small enough to fit on my desk. I do use them with REL TZero x 2, but I think they sound good without the subs. It does help to have some eq. 

After a long and arduous journey, my end-game nearfield desktop setup is:

Harbeth P3ESR XD-------->Hegel H120 Amp----->RME ADI-2 DAC fs----->Bricasti M5 Streamer

Maybe a nice bookshelf to try is the maggie mini. Supposed to sound like their big floor standing 3.7.