Magnepan 3.6 or 3.7 - The smart choice?

Hypothetical: If offered in excellent-mint shape used MG 3.6's for $2000 or MG 3.7's for the price of $4000 - yes $4000 not $5500-5900 - what would you do, which is the smart choice? (if the 3.7's were over $5k i wouldn't ask this.)
kingmacaw
Got my 20.7's two months ago and I am EXTREMELY pleased with them. I spent several weeks moving them around looking for the best bass balance per Jim Smith's excellent recommendations. It was worth the effort! The new 20.7's are far superior to my old 3.6's in every single way. Very happy with this purchase.
I agree that the Maggie X.7s are the way to go whether 3.7 or if you can the 20.7s.

I kept my MGIIIAs forever, the final configuration witch used 2 Audio Research amps to bi amp with a Marchand XO and a pair of Velodyne subs

I did audition later "3 series" as well as 20.1s but did not pull the trigger until I heard the 3.7s. Just a better speaker, more cohesive I think.

Having said that, I upgraded to the 20.7s after a few months and have never regretted the move. I seldom if ever use the subs with the 20.7s

Long winded way of saying "GET THE 3.7s!!!"
Remember value it not what it costs, it is what it is worth,
MikeH