Nietzsche and Runaway Audio Consumption

Came across this today. A lot of posts bring up the issue of "how much is enough?" or "when is audio consumption justified" etc.

Does this Nietzsche aphorism apply to audio buying? You be the judge! 

Friedrich Nietzsche“Danger in riches. — Only he who has spirit ought to have possessions: otherwise possessions are a public danger. For the possessor who does not know how to make use of the free time which his possessions could purchase him will always continue to strive after possessions: this striving will constitute his entertainment, his strategy in his war against boredom. 

Thus in the end the moderate possessions that would suffice the man of spirit are transformed into actual riches – riches which are in fact the glittering product of spiritual dependence and poverty. They only appear quite different from what their wretched origin would lead one to expect because they are able to mask themselves with art and culture: for they are, of course, able to purchase masks. By this means they arouse envy in the poorer and the uncultivated – who at bottom are envying culture and fail to recognize the masks as masks – and gradually prepare a social revolution: for gilded vulgarity and histrionic self-inflation in a supposed ‘enjoyment of culture’ instil into the latter the idea ‘it is only a matter of money’ – whereas, while it is to some extent a matter of money, it is much more a matter of spirit.” 

Nietzsche, Friedrich. 1996. Human, All Too Human: A Book for Free Spirits. Cambridge University Press. (p. 283-4, an aphorism no. 310)

I'm pretty sure @mahgister will want to read this one! (Because they speak so artfully about avoiding the diversion that consumption poses to the quest for true aesthetic and acoustic excellence.)

128x128hilde45

Do you want the list of names of those who are investing their money in all these few mammoth corporations and control them and controol almost all the world?

Read Forbes magazine or his equivalent journals about big money in the last 3 centuries...

Nodody very powerful in this world wait in a line to be elected and wanted his face to be read by astrologer or by ordinary crowd... Ask Gates about this annoying and unconvenient  fact to be a celebrity...

Only ordinary people dream to be famous, no scientist dream about that first and no powerful man like pierpont Morgan or Rockfeller want to be annoy writing autographs..

The world scene is a theater, the powerful manager are not on the scene nor in the public...

Do you ever stick on details?

add them...

What is your problem ?

You are not able to understand that this list of few corporations fluctuate a bit each year caused by the way back and front and round trip of mass of money...the order between their power ordering  listing MATTER NOT....

Anyway it is all the same persons who own all...Few hundreds...

search yourself... I cannot spare you studies ....

And i dont need to convince you about EVIDENCES...

Guess why i am in the defensive against you?

You contradicted me for years here about anything audio included...

Then i apologize because this evening you seem of good faith and it is me who his wrong being fearful of your remark...

I am a bit too passionnate reacting....Forgive me...

thanks for your questions...

Merry Christmast