Rose RS250 Streamer/Dac?

Hi--have any of you had any experience with the new Rose RS250 Streamer/Dac? Looks cool, but how does it sound?
dprazze

Hi mbolek,

i am using mine as well for a week now and enjoy it.  Have you tried Tidal application in the rs250?   It looks like the tidal app in the rs250 does not recognize my existing playlists already stored in Tidal connect with my cell ?

AddingTidal tunes into personnal playlist is not clear in the rs250.  I have to work on it and find a way..

Spotify connect is not and issue since it is not available in the rs250 list of application..

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Sorry.  I no longer use Tidal.   Tried it for awhile and prefer Qobuz.

Still trying to get acclimated with all of the features.   This could be a fantastic front end.

@Dandion - you are incorrect. Spotify connect is available on the RS250.

I have had the RS250 for a few days connected to my Directstream DAC via USB and using Roon.  Seems to sound better than the Bridge II but will need to do more testing.

What i meant is the Spotify application is not built-in the rs250 while Tidal and Qobuz applications are already there in the RS250. However and  like you, i can stream music in the rs250 by using Spotify connect with my cell phone.  

I must use the Rose connect application to stream music with Tidal.

I am going to try adding SATA SSD in the dac shortly..

Daniel

Second firmware upgrade in 2 months,  Those engineers at Hifi rose are not sleeping! 😁