Classical Music for Aficionados

I would like to start a thread, similar to Orpheus’ jazz site, for lovers of classical music.
I will list some of my favorite recordings, CDs as well as LP’s. While good sound is not a prime requisite, it will be a consideration.
  Classical music lovers please feel free to add to my lists.
Discussion of musical and recording issues will be welcome.

I’ll start with a list of CDs.  Records to follow in a later post.

Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique.  Chesky  — Royal Phil. Orch.  Freccia, conductor.
Mahler:  Des Knaben Wunderhorn.  Vanguard Classics — Vienna Festival Orch. Prohaska, conductor.
Prokofiev:  Scythian Suite et. al.  DG  — Chicago Symphony  Abbado, conductor.
Brahms: Symphony #1.  Chesky — London Symph. Orch.  Horenstein, conductor.
Stravinsky: L’Histoire du Soldat. HDTT — Ars Nova.  Mandell, conductor.
Rachmaninoff: Symphonic Dances. Analogue Productions. — Dallas Symph Orch. Johanos, cond.
Respighi: Roman Festivals et. al. Chesky — Royal Phil. Orch. Freccia, conductor.

All of the above happen to be great sounding recordings, but, as I said, sonics is not a prerequisite.

128x128rvpiano

Since my Angel has saved my life more than once(no joke} I still think God knows

what he does .

This is my kind of music and players that do it.. And the best country they can do this in.

@mahgister Seasons Greetings to you and your’s and I hope you have a very lovely Christmas.

Best wishes, Jim.

@schubert  Len I hope this finds you well and in good spirits and our shared musical God is looking over you. Bless you and have a lovely Christmas.

Jim.

@rvpiano O great leader , this has been a most enjoyable thread and I hope it goes on for a long time and we all learn from our most revered pastime to enrich our lives with more new and enjoyable music. A most enjoyable Christmas to you and to every one of us contributing to this truly enjoyable thread.

Take care everyone. Jim.

Jim204,

Thank you for your salutation, though undeserved, and for your good wishes.
A very, very wonderful holiday  season to all who participate in this thread.

And thank you all for your contributions!