RIP oregonpapa

Today, oregonpapa (Frank) passed away. He will be greatly missed by many of us on Audiogon. I got to know him about a year ago personally, having had many phone calls with him over that time. He was a delightfully kind man, who freely shared his wisdom with others. Bedsides high end audio, , Frank was very knowlegable about world history and politics. Good bye my friend. Jeff

yoby

I had the good fortune of being invited to Franks home on many an occasion, he would call all excited, you need to come over and hear how good the system is now, because of a new tweak, or something. He had a huge record collection, and his system took up much of his living space. Frank was a humble man, of modest means, but his passion and excitement for our hobby was infectious. I would frequently bring a nice bottle of single malt, and I would learn so much about west coast jazz from him.

During Covid, my visits became less frequent, and I too am sorry to hear of his passing. I will miss him on many levels. He was one of the good guys.

RIP, 

Bob 

Oh man, very sad news.

My condolences to his family and friends. 

RIP Frank, God speed.

A true gentleman. Old school class with a very enthusiastic and positive attitude. I followed his posts and occasionally communicated with him but I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person. My condolences to his family and friends.