New to hifi... question about Lumin T2 and Roon

Hi, guys (and gals). I’m brand new to hifi. Just recently purchased a Lumin T2, Luxman 590axii, and Franco Serblin Essence speakers. I’m at the point in my life where I can finally afford to have a little bit of hifi fun. Always wanted to get into this area, just never had the space. Anyway, I’m hoping I made a good move with the equipment I put together. Everything is still brand new and I’m in the process of running my amp and streamer, 24/7.

Anyway, I’ve done a bunch of searching but haven’t found anything truly on point (although I’m sure I’ve just missed it). My question is how do I hook up my T2 to a Roon Nucleus (just ordered it)? Do I hook both devices up to my router or do I just hook up the Roon Nucleus and then USB connect to the T2?

Also, does it take a while to burn in the FS Essence speakers? They seem a bit "tight" right now and bass seems to be lacking. Since everything is brand new, I have no idea what might be causing this issue, other than all components need time to burn in and settle in.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Bill

mcdg

Thanks for the response, Fuzz.  I have about 600 or so CDs.  I ordered a Small Green Computer CD ripper to pair with the Roon Nucleus.  

That’s nice gear I hope you have lots of fun with it.

Use an ethernet cable connection from the LUMIN T2 to your router. Make sure the cable is shielded. Ethernet cable your Nucleus to your router.

Leave your LUMIN always on. Do not switch it on and off when not listening. It will go into standby mode.

If your integrated amp has a remote volume control then set the LUMIN volume control to 100% so you can use your Luxman volume remote. You do that Lumin volume setting in the LUMIN app. On the LUMIN website, see the recommended playback settings and tailor the settings to what you are doing. It’s fairly simple. This is how my system is set up.

Bill, I do not know your speakers but I am in the burn in  time camp. I would suggest contacting your speaker manufacture to see what they recommend for length of burn in time.

Thanks for the recommendations.  I will definitely reach out to the Franco Serblin people.

Bill

Congrats!

Roon technology is very user friendly

I agree with @tuberist 

And regarding bass there's a few things to consider. 

1. Roon has equalization capabilities - check to see if they were unknowingly applied 
  2. Speaker placement can dramatically impact bass - experiment placement.  I also agree burn in occurs but I don't think it will cause something to transform its sound.  (More like adding hot sauce to chilli versus trying to add hot sauce to baked beans so it has the same heat as chlli)

FYI, I'm actually MCDG.  Apparently, I had signed up previously as WTB (my initials).  There won't be anymore posts as MCDG as the WTB account was created first.  Not sure anyone cares, but since I'm brand new to the community, I thought I'd make that clarification. 

Thanks for all the great advice.  Looking forward to learning more about this cool (and expensive) hobby.

Bill