Tonearm for Technics SP-15

I have a Technics SP-15 turntable with a Grace 707 arm and a Grace F9E cartridge with a Soundsmith new stylus.  This combination sounds great but is limiting.  The 707  tonearm has a fixed headshell and it does not allow me to easily swap other MM  high compliance catridges or match compliance requirments MC cartridges.  Suggestions welcome from those more expert than I.  

arneama22

btw, If you buy a B500 Base, try and get the OEM phono cable, it has an integral ground pin that goes into the fitting on the bottom of the base.

7th photo here

this one, a separate pin/ground wire was improvised, works great I’m sure, allows your cable choice, just be aware

. also note: the base rca jacks are on the side (not the bottom).

If one is obsessed with that grounding system, best to make a ground wire with a banana jack of correct size to fit the female ground receptor in the base, and then use modern high end phono cables to carry the signal. (That would be my opinion.) In my one experience, 40 year old Technics cables didn't sound very good, or certainly less good than modern eqivalents.

Post removed 

I own two Technics EPA500 bases and the whole set of arms to go with them, including the EPA250 with the detachable headshell and the straight arm with the T4P attachment. I honestly do not like this tomearm much. There is a lack of accuracy in how it performs. I just keep it for my collection, because it is very good looking.