Sabrina X Amp Suggestions

I recently upgraded from an old book shelf speaker (Proac 1SC) that I have been using for 10 years to a newly acquired Wilson Audio Sabrina X. I have a small listening space (around 200 square feet) so a small floorstander like Sabrina X is perfect for me. I would love to get some suggestions on what would be considered a typical amplifier match for a Wilson - I am sticking to the big popular brands and nothing too obscure due to resell value.

I am now using an old integrated amplifier Goldmund 390.2. I am indifferent whether the upgrade path is a better integrated amplifier or moving to a amp / preamp set up. I listen to mostly vocal, jazz and small to medium scale classical music and would hope to obtain a sound that is airy, detailed with good resolution and clean bass and a bit of sweetness (not overly so to make the make music too dark or muddy) to make music involving and engaging. 

I have been reading a lot of posts here and it seems that many people with Wilson use ARC Ref 6 or Ref 5SE paired with Pass X250.8 or X250.5 to good results. I have not heard of the results but the descriptions seem to deliver a good engaging soundstage (attributable to the ARC preamp) with detailed, neutral and clean sound from the Pass. Sounds close to what I look for. 

Would love to hear your views on this set up with the Sabrina X, or any other amp suggestions. Thank you in advance!
jjjason1

The best I have ever heard Wilson speakers sound is with Ayre gear paired with an Esoteric DAC featuring the MX-R Twenty mono-blocks.  I am not sure what your exact budget is but a VX-R Twenty would be incredible with a decent preamp like an ARC would be jaw droppingly good.  Even a VX-5 Twenty with a first rate preamp would do very well.  

I have no relationship with Ayre.  Just have heard them paired very well together.

I've heard D'Agostino, Boulder and Moon integrateds used with Wilson and all of them sounded very good.

My local dealer where I go to dream has the Wilsons hooked up with the Dagostino integrated and a Luxman CD player, and it sounded heavenly. He also has Ayre and AR. I’m not familiar with Wilsons speakers, but they were $19K retail. I don’t play in that league, but it was a sound I would aspire to having at home!

My experience with Sabrina is similar to @moto_man experience. I drove them with 40 watts of Pure Class A in a giant space for well over an hour and they never clipped or faded, volume was more than enough. 

I am not saying more power wouldn't wring more out of this speaker but I am saying something similar in the sense the published spec looks scarier than actual reality of them being "hard to drive". 

You might take a look at Coda amps, I have the #8 and would say it has a sweet, airy sound. I think the reviews say the same. They will also give you the necessary current and a good amount of Class A performance. The Coda site is unexplainably out of date, and I recommend you read reviews and visit reseller sites for up to date info.