Coax Internet Cable: If I have to build one, what am I looking for exactly?

I am considering picking up an audio-grade coax cable to connect the internet wall outlet to the modem. My suspicion is that the digital coax cable that sits between the wall and modem is the same coax cable that feeds into a DAC--but with different connectors. I believe the standard coax connector to feed a DAC is the RCA connector while I need a Type-F connector to feed a coax-based internet service into the modem. 

I haven't seen anything on this forum on this topic. I also don't see any audio brands offering premade coax internet cables (e.g. http://thecableco.com).  

If I have to build my own coax cable to feed into the modem, what am I looking for? AQ has 3 connector offerings, including Type-F, for both 18 AWG and 24 AWG sizes. And their respective 18 AWG and 24 AWG pages list their compatible bulk cable being either "HD6" or "ITA, ITV or MAC 24". 

I figure that I might as well build a coax cable to feed into the DAC while I'm at it. It looks like the HD6, ITA, or ITV are made for different applications. From their price book, AQ says that HD6 is for "Video, RF, Digital, Subwoofer" while ITA is for analog and ITV is for video. From this info, I believe the HD6 bulk cable would be ideal to both feed a modem and a DAC. 

So, here are the main questions:

1. Anyone know of any premade coax internet cables?
  2. If I need to build my own coax cables to feed the modem and DAC, does the info above look correct?
  3. Can anyone share their experience building coax cables?
  4. Can anyone share their experience upgrading their coax internet cable?
128x128classdstreamer

@classdstreamer

You want RG6 Quad Shield solid copper 18 gauge coax cable.

Watch out, many RG6 coax cable uses a copper plated steel center 18 gauge conductor.

Example solid copper center conductor:

PHAT SATELLITE INTL

The lines from the cable, sat, etc companies carry a high amount of RFI. Even if your new coax provides improved sound, the same amount of noise is being carried to your system. Add an RFI filter to your hookup. I use a RFI/EMI filter on my router which lowered the noise-floor in my streaming.

lowrider57, could you hear noise before the filter was added? 

Was it gone afterwards, what were you streaming?

Regards