Does Lumin x1 needs a dac ? does a good dac will improve it ?

Hi,

I have lumin x1 and metronome cd player. Most of the time I hear music by using lumin and tidal and I'm less using my cd player.

I'm a bit confused to decide if i have to add a DAC to my system, will it improve the sound of my lumin or not ? It defiantly will improve the sound of my cd player, but because I'm less using it I'm in a confused situation to decide. 

If it will improve my wonderful lumin sound too This  may convince me to buy a new DAC.

If it's important i have a vivid kaya 45 speakers, i have a CAT JLE 5 amp, lumin X1, metronome cd and Plinius pre 

Thanks for everyone.

Haim.

128x128haimr

I have had 4 Lumin products including the X-1.  The X-1 is a damn good DAC.  In fact, I sold the X-1 and replaced it with a Lampizator Pacific which is double the money.  I can tell you there was not an incremental $16k worth of sound improvements.  The way to improve your sound is to get a quality Music Server.  I went with a 7tb Lucas Audio LDMS.  The LDMS was the single biggest improvement in my sound system.  

@willgolf Hi and thanks a lot . About the cd, no I'm not running the cd through the lumin as i know it is not possible....There are no digital inputs. That's one of the disadvantages of the amazing lumin product

The USB is a digital input ( and output )

I would like , the S/Pdif be the same