Devore Nines and Daedalus Athena comparison?

Has anyone had the opportunity to compare these 2 speakers. The Daedalus speakers look intriguing.
taylor514
I just came upon this thread, and while I have nothing to contribute to the original question, I'm about to burst with excitement, which I felt the need to share!

I was one of the early settlers in the Daedalus camp, but have been off of the audio "grid" for over a year, while going through some home rennovations, which involve my listening space.

My new DA-1.1's (AP X-Over) arrived yesterday!!! ...Now, I am anxiously waiting for my new Daedelus Speaker Cables to land.

That's all. Sorry to selfishly hi-jack the thread. Thanks for listening.

Seriously though, as we all know, system synergy & room acoustics are critical to how you perceive a component performs/sounds.

I highly recommend that you make every effort to audition the speakers in other settings, with other systems. You just may be happily surprised.

I find it strange that I received zero replies regarding this same question on the Daedalus (Audiocircle) site. I do realize that some of the replies here on Audiogon are from Daedalus owners, and very much appreciated. Lou thought that posting on the Audiocircle website would be my best bet for replies … but I received no replies on the Daedalus Audiocircle site!

This has been a very helpful thread and I appreciate all input.
thanks much for all the kind words!!!

I also am surprised that there were no replies on AC, looks like I will have to pay more attention to Audiogon ; )

thanks,
lou
Late to this, but I auditioned the 9s and the Daedalus DA-RMa, and I'd take the latter, which I found a more relaxing speaker (and one that compared quite favorably to Daedalus' big Ulysses). To be fair, the 9s were set up and a hard room, and I'm pretty sure I listened to the poly version of the DA-RMa, which I believe make the Daedalus option more expensive than the Devore. But for me, worth the $, esp. with the lovely Daedalus box wrk.

John
Very informative thread! I've heard the Silverbacks awhile back at the NY audio show and they sounded exquisite, however I didn't fancy Mr. Devore' lack of interest for my questions that day so I never pulled the trigger and probably never will due to that first impression. Good to know Daedalus compares very well, a shame they don't receive as much press.