Magico A5 or Sonus faber SERAFINO TRADITION or Harbeth 40.3 XD

Looking at upgrading my speakers and I have no in home demo options.

I am looking at spending up to 25K.

Magico, Sonus faber, Harbeth are in the running.

I listen to  beatles, Dead, CSNY, Eagles.

I have a Mcintosh MC462, MC22 and a just ordered Berkeley Alpha Dac 3.  

I was leaning toward the Harbeth or SF but just read a great review on the MAgico A5.

Still working on buying a streamer to feed the system.

Looking for some thoughts.

Thanks

Ag insider logo xs@2xefoo

Will do ..... Has anyone tried the Mcintosh MEN220 (room perfect) DSP?

It runs about 5K and may be a first step to see what it would do to my 228BEs

I have SF Il Cremonese Ex3me and they pair well with AR Ref6 SE and 160M.  But SQ is in another league when I added two subs (JL f112)., one in front left corner, other in rear right corner plus active xo JL CR1.  The subs open up mid and high freq beautifully and I can have LF as tight and as I want.  The integration will be seamless if one know how to set them properly for tight/perfect in-phase.

I just bought the A5 about a month ago.  Best speaker I ever owned.  Coming off the PSB T3.  Are they pretty.  Not really, but they are physically unobtrusive and sonically spectacular.

@joesolek Can you tell us more about your setup? I am interested in the A5 and want to know more about the ideal room size (or volume) for them. How about placement issues? Since they are sealed I am assuming you can place them closer to the front wall. What gear are you using with them?

My room size is 16.5 ft. x 12 ft.  The ceiling slopes from 8 ft. to 10 ft.  The A5 are powered by PS Audio BHK 300 watt mono blocks.  For me, this seems to be more than enough power.  I have the MAC 122 av controller being used as my pre.  They are 26 inches from the back wall.  The left speaker opens to the kitchen and the right speaker is about 19 inches from the window boundry.  These were set up by the dealer and I have left them there to just get use to the way they sound.  I will probably try to tweak their placement, but I am pretty happy with the way they sound.  Go to magico's website and down load the manual for the A5s.  They have pretty simple guidelines for placement.  Hope this helps.  They are just fabulous.  For 2 channel, I am not using the sub. and the bass is phenomenal and tight even at low volumes.