Coiling XLRs.... yes or no?

I purchased some xlr’s that i was fond of a few months back. Shunyata sigmas

I was able to get them for a great price but unfortunetly they are 3m. I figured it was fine as it gives me flexibility in the future (such as going monoblocks), but for now my lumin x1 sits on a rack directly above my diablo 300 amp. Honestly with how close they are i could get away with 0.5m

So i have them susupended in the air but coiled. I’m reading that this is a big no-no but most of the stuff i have read is related to speaker cables.

what should i do in this situation? Is it so bad that I should consider selling my interconnects for shorter ones?

questforhifi

XLR wires carry differential signals. It will not matter that much if you coil the wire. Especially only 3m long. You will not even hear the difference one way or another.

Note on a lot of pro audio stages, all the XLR cables are coiled up to keep the excess lengths tidy.  As a sound tech, I've been coiling balanced cables for nearly 40 years and can't hear any difference in coiled vs. uncoiled.  Hence the reason for using XLR; they are quiet no matter how you route them.

both ways sound great

I have routed it well. If there is a difference, i would need to record both ways and listen to the recordings back to back to be able to tell for sure. I like to think there is a difference at least; and its nice piece of mind.

Found a way to route it through my cabinet without interacting with any other cables and the way i did it you cant see the cables

Coiling will increase inductance, but only slightly and not enough to make an audible difference. The studios and stages where your music is recorded are full of hundreds of XLR cables coiled up. Of couse, most studio kit is balanced and so common signals are cancelled.

One possible choice is to "fold" the cable in half (i.e. stretch out the cable from both sockets) and then coil.