Bluesound Node2 with outboard DAC

Has anyone used the Bluesound Node or Vault for music streaming connected to a good outboard DAC and respond to how good the combo sounds. I see the Bluesound has great connectivity and streaming options with a good user interface. Curious if using with a good dac is worth the money. 
I'm using Ayre 5xeMP preamp,  Mark Levinson 532h amp and Revel Performa floorstanders. Cardas interconnects.  
Currently using OPPO 105d as my music player and streamer,  don't like it disconnects from my tablet app control a lot and hoping for better resolution. I use Tidal HiFi for streaming and usb hard drive for stored music files. 
Appreciate relevant replies. Thanks Audiogon group
lnitm
I’ve got the new Node into my Simaudio DAC via coax and it’s great for general listening. The difference going direct out vs DAC is noticeable but not earth shattering.
Post removed 

I mainly play Apple Music by Airplay to my new Hegel H95 using it own built-in DAC.

I also have a Bluesound Node 2i when I connect via airplay to Node 2i and then into Hegel by a cheap Coax cable ($20), it sound worse with noticeable on the vocal sound seem not as clear and dark as directly connect via Airplay to the Hegel.

Just curious is it because of the cable I use? 
What if I upgrade the coax cable will it improve the sound to be better than directly connect via Airplay to the Hegel?

Post removed 
Post removed