$39K for the Linn Klimax DAC/streamer?

It has to be set up using a special service and there is no manual? I guess this for the very wealthy few who do not care about "gear." I would rather buy a car with this money, or part of a Porsche, and set up my own DAC/streamer. But Stephen Scarf at Absolute Sound says.."unquestionably the best combination DAC/streamer I've ever heard, bar none." Great hyperbole, may hold true for a month or two, then some other over-priced bit of kit comes along..
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xgerryah930

Well... At 40k I know I'll never own one, but I sure would like to hear one. Just to see what I'm missing other then 31k.

It is fascinating though.

Linn makes great sounding gear on the leading edge of tech that is plug and play and looks fantastic in a home. 

Add to that, made in Scotland, small and runs cool.

I can't afford $40k for a streamer, but I also can't afford a McLaren either and lots people buy those too.   For some people $40k isn't a lot of money.  Stop acting so jealous people - if you want to piece together a rig for less money, go for it, Linn's not necessarily  chasing after your part of the market. 

Would it be too much to ask for some transparency on the cost?

Have the seller list parts, labor, patent, shipping etc, with corresponding cost. If it can't be produced, then stay away.

Problem solved.