Who Tried Power Conditioners Over The Years and No Longer Use Them Today, Any Why?

Been thinking back to when I started in Audio and how good the system sounded with no power conditioners or fancy power cords. Then in the '90s slowly they both became a huge profit market for stores and manufacturers of them. If you used one on front end gear only or whole systems I will be interested in your real-world experience you could share with us all. I have a few so I am not against them, but I do at times have questions. 
128x128phillyb

I wanna flip your question the other way around. Im running 2xP12 regenerators. One for each monoblock (JC1+) whereas the rest of the system is divided equally between the two regenerators. All I can say is that my system benefit from these regenerators very well. Both dynamics and blackness is added compared to running them directly in to wall outlet. What is a regenerator a P12 then? Its stored energy in its heavy caps and coils also making a more clean sinus wave. Bare in mind I live in country using 230 voltage and Im truly sure this also has advantages du to lower current of the components vs 120V. Only downside I would say is the fans of the P12, they are not noisy at all but their still there and can be audioble when everything else is dead quiet. I would say my P12´s are running totally 35-40% capacity at medium to high volume.

Im not answearing the topic as Im still running regenerated power and having no plans of otherwise, but Im trying to enlighten why Im using these as someone might find it interesting....

After using Lessloss's first filter, 2 different Bybees, I stopped on a Torus AVR16 : Air Tight ATM3, pre ans sources all connected to it. End game.

millercarbon

I disagree.

Better cables are ok, but expensive cables are just snake oils.

Phillyb is right.

The filters in most power conditioners can result in "current-starving" of amps which is why many manufacturers recommend plugging their amps directly into the wall outlet. Source components are less demanding current-wise and may benefit from a conditioner. A Furman AC-215A provides surge suppression and line filtering for my FM tuner and CD player.