Ridiculous assertions that someone is being ripped off or conned

How many times has this scenario played out here? Someone purchases product X, and tries it in their system. They report positive results, that it works as advertised, that they got their money’s worth, that they are happy with the purchase. Then someone, usually having zero experience with the product, replies with something like: “No, you’ve got it all wrong! You’re being ripped off! You’re being conned!

Does anyone else understand how ridiculous and absurd these kinds of assertions are?! The consumer who actually put up their own money and took the time to evaluate the product in their own home/system reports it works as advertised, they are happy with it, that they got their money’s worth. Then someone else claims they were ripped off?!

Imagine an agency investigating consumer fraud getting a complaint like this: “My neighbor is being ripped off!” “No, no, he thinks it’s great, does everything he expected it to. He’s very happy with it, but I just know he’s being conned!” Do you seriously think they’re going to open any kind of investigation into it?

You can disagree with what someone says about the effectiveness of a product all you want, but to say they have been defrauded, when they report the exact opposite, is patently ridiculous.

tommylion

I apologize for comments made by knuckle dragging liberal and I try to buy this site and make button so you can tune these people with such comment out. I proud that you take all this punishment like man and still stand after all this years. You become better audiophile on righteous path to goal of musicality deliver by man upstair.

Yeah, I don't understand those who are sooooo concerned about how others spend their money.

Especially those who have not tried something for themselves in their own set ups. But boy oh boy, do they ever know what is a waste of money to them. And because it's a waste of money to them, it's gotta be a waste of money to everyone. And they don't need to try it, because they just know it's a big scam.

Personally, I reserve judgement on something  until I have tried it for myself. And for the most part, I don't have any skin in the game. I just try stuff. If it works, great, if it doesn't, I move on. 

Too many are very closed minded, and it's not enough for them to have an opinion about something they have not tried, they need to convince others who have tried, and who found a benefit from whatever the thing is, that they are wrong in their findings.

I never had to research how the food I consumed going through my internal organs and my body takes nutrients and lets out garbage. I go to my favorite restaurant and order my favorite dish to enjoy, never questioning how the cook cooked it and why it tastes good to me. I never wanted to find out how the internet works and how I could type and post my thoughts just as I am doing it now. Perhaps I am not of inquisitive mind, or there are other things that interest me more. One thing is for unshakably sure in audio: I know for whose pleasure I build my system and listen to music. No need for further discussion.

I get free gym membership they tell me all the girl ask what time my workout schedule.

@tommylion 

Don't sweat it, big fella, I hope you enjoy the tweaks!

Everybody on here is doing their best to communicate/relate.

No telling the backstories, but these days I assume there is one and it's usually bad. 

Time for dinner!