Classical Music for Aficionados

I would like to start a thread, similar to Orpheus’ jazz site, for lovers of classical music.
I will list some of my favorite recordings, CDs as well as LP’s. While good sound is not a prime requisite, it will be a consideration.
  Classical music lovers please feel free to add to my lists.
Discussion of musical and recording issues will be welcome.

I’ll start with a list of CDs.  Records to follow in a later post.

Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique.  Chesky  — Royal Phil. Orch.  Freccia, conductor.
Mahler:  Des Knaben Wunderhorn.  Vanguard Classics — Vienna Festival Orch. Prohaska, conductor.
Prokofiev:  Scythian Suite et. al.  DG  — Chicago Symphony  Abbado, conductor.
Brahms: Symphony #1.  Chesky — London Symph. Orch.  Horenstein, conductor.
Stravinsky: L’Histoire du Soldat. HDTT — Ars Nova.  Mandell, conductor.
Rachmaninoff: Symphonic Dances. Analogue Productions. — Dallas Symph Orch. Johanos, cond.
Respighi: Roman Festivals et. al. Chesky — Royal Phil. Orch. Freccia, conductor.

All of the above happen to be great sounding recordings, but, as I said, sonics is not a prerequisite.

128x128rvpiano
Post removed 
Any lover of Bach must hear this lovely school .

https://youtu.be/0SclAUqaj2Q

His soft voice makes German music to the ear ,
I start nearly every day with a Cantata , does much to the soul of a sinner like me.
It never ceases me that so much wonderful music still comes from the poorest of major American cities , Cleveland .

Hear is a Cleveland clip of one of the most haunting  melody’s there is done as well as well can be .

https://youtu.be/BlO9zzMRYyU
Post removed 
Thank you for the post Len the music was very nice. It is just a pity folk singers can't be a bit more imaginative with their guitar accompaniments though, it's always the same old DADGAD tuning that gets trotted out. I used to go to a folk club in Ayr at one time and heard some big names in the Scottish scene and that particular tuning was in it's infancy then and it was used for playing Pibroch's on the guitar then. Tony McManus and Martin Simpson were big then and it was quite refreshing as it was used to good measure in minor key music replicating the pipes because of the low A and D's on the bottom strings replicating the drones. Oh and the song Ca' the Yowes, I won the annual Burns prize at school once singing that particular song in my boy soprano days. I won a copy of Burn's Kilmarnock Edition of his works, oh how I wish I had a real Kilmarnock Edition first edition it would be worth a fortune now. Be safe Len.