Your experience and thoughts on Thiel speakers?

In my decades long audio journey I have owned much in the way of well thought of audio products.  I have owned a few sets of Thiel speakers, the 1.2, 1.5, 1.6, 2.3, 3.5, and 6.  My thoughts and basic reason behind this post is that my memory (which can be affected by many things, associated equipment, room, etc.) but that said, the model I remember the most fondly are the 1.2 model.  And it was not the wine, as my wine cellar was at the top with the model 6 and the Maggie 20.  As has been said there are "rose colored glasses", so perhaps there is rose colored hearing? 

As I have mentioned in/on other threads I am in the process of thinking through a 2nd system and perhaps doing one based on components and speakers that I have fond memories of.  And I must give credit to my parents for having the best they could afford from Montgomery Wards for me to play the British Invasion records on in my early teens.  

jusam
I am not sure what ^that^ all means… but Thiel are one of the handful of speakers which have the correct step function response.
CS 3.6 are one of my all time favorite speakers.  They demand space and quality gear, but in turn they reward with some of the most coherent music I have heard for the price.  If they were still in production I would revisit them in a NY minute.