Meridian M30 Active Speakers

I'm new to the list and certainly not an audiophile on the level of many who post here.  I suppose that the proof of that is that most of the components in my system are >20-30 years old and even in their time, not ultra high end. That said, I like how everything sounds and am not looking to do a major replacement/upgrade.  My problem is that the bass driver in one of my Meridian M30's seems to be blown.  I haven't taken it out to look at, but the cone appears to be intact, just no output.  The other bass driver and both trebles sound OK.

The other components of the system are a Carver C-1 preamp, B&O Beogram TX2 turntable, Rotel RCD 855 CD player, Hafler FM tuner, Denon DR M30HX Pro Cassette recorder.  I also have a Conrad Johnson PV-7 preamp which the speakers were connected to, but switched to the Carver just to have more input access for the other components, as well as a Carver M1.5t amp which is not in use at the moment.

I realize that these components may not be perfect partners, but as I said, I've been pretty happy with them for many years and not looking to do a major overhall.  My question is pretty simple (but the answer may not be):  Should I see if I can get the driver repaired/replaced and is it worth it?  The corollary issue to the question is that I can't really find any Meridian repair services in the US and don't really want to ship a 25# speaker, unless I could remove the driver and just ship that.  I've looked at a couple of the threads on this forum and Millersound in PA (which would be convenient since I'm in NJ) and the Speaker Repair Center in Dayton have both been recommended.  Unfortunately, neither of the companies service Meridians (the Millersound website specifically says don't bother calling them, it won't do any good if your speaker brand is not on their list).  Otherwise, I guess I will start looking around for a new pair of speakers.  Should I get active or passive and what brand (just kidding, I know that could generate a very long contentious thread)?  And is anyone interested in buying a pair of M30s with one bass driver between the two of them...

Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks for your time.
stereomd
@theophile Yes, at least the treble is KEF, there isn't a label on the bass driver.
@tobes Should I try to swap the bass drivers between the speakers to confirm that the active amp is working?  Not sure if that's easy to do or not.
It's probably easy to do, but if the amp is faulty maybe not the best course.
I'd remove the 'faulty' driver and measure or hook up to to an external amp. 
If the speaker works the issue lies with the internal electronics. If the speaker measures open circuit or doesn't play, replacement may be required - but an electronics fault may still be present (i.e. the driver may have failed due to fatigue or presence of a fault). It may be an idea to have it looked at by a tech. 
Why not reach out to Meridian and see what they say? Also good advice make sure it really is the driver and not the bass amp. BTW that c-j PV7 you have is an excellent sounding preamp I would suggest using it over the Carver.
Thanks everyone for the advice and the great suggestions, I will start by contacting Meridian and see what they say.