Isolation Transformers

I've been considering isolating my digital gear from the rest of my system. I've read some good information in the archives and want to know if anyne has direct experience with the MGE or Tripp-Lite units. Tripp-Lite offers a hospital grade and a base model, both appear to be hardwired. Not sure what the differences are other than cost. MDE has a hardwired and cordless model. I like the idea of using my own power cord, but not sure this would make a big difference. I'm leaning towards a 1KVA version. Any advice would be appreciated.

BTW - I don't and cannot have dedicated lines. I'm using a North Star transport and Monarchy M24 DAC at the moment.
clio09
Tripplites are good rugged units, but not for audio. Too much noise and current limiting. Since you cant do dedicated lines (are you in an apartment or condo? Sometimes you can find an unused circuit, or one that has only one device on it) I'd advise you to buy an Exactpower EP-15A regenerator unit:

http://www.exactpower.com/ep15a.html

It has 8 outlets, 4 of which have digital filters to keep your digital gear from putting "hash" back into your power lines. It also "creates" perfect AC power even better than some dedicated circuits can.

Later on, if you want the ultimate, you can buy an SP-15A balanced power unit which you can plug into the EP-15A and use to provide quiet balanced power to all your front end stuff.

An isolation x-fmr wil only isolate your gear from noise on the power company side of the x-fmr, but not from each other on the "gear" side of the x-fmr.
In my experience some isolation trannies are more suitable for audio application than others. You can hear tonal differences as well between those trannies. I think it has to do with the characteristics of the (iron) core of the isolation trannie in conjunction with the unit's power supply that has been attached to the isolation trannie. For example: Tamura and Tango isolation trannies sound different (to my ears more musical, better) than some other trannies with comparable power that originally were not designed for audio. What do you think?

Chris
I've gone back and forth on the power regenration thing for a while now. I am familiar with ExactPower and think highly of the products they offer. My problem is my RSA Haley works quite well and I'm not inclined to mess with that. I have considered balanced power for the front end and the SP-15a would be a consideration.

As for tonal differences in isolation transformers, I'm not even at that crossroad let alone down the road. I'd have a lot more research and some auditioning to do. I can see the logic in the theory though. I would think that iron trannies versus toroids could conceivably offer sonic differences. I'm also told Q-type transformers are much better as well. So again, lots to consider. I guess I still have my work cut out for me.