Does Heavy Metal music benefit from a high end audio system?

Not to dig at the genre although I’m not a fan, does Heavy Metal music benefit from an higher resolution systems? I’m not talking about comparing to a cheap box store system, rather, would one benefit moving from an audiophile quality $5-10k to a $100k+system?
kennyc
Not to dig at the genre although I’m not a fan, does Heavy Metal music benefit from an higher resolution systems? I’m not talking about comparing to a cheap box store system, rather, would one benefit moving from an audiophile quality $5-10k to a $100k+system?
I can not speak to all subgenres of metal, but I listen to a lot of progressive and technical metal, and yes, a high end, high resolution system benefits these subgenres.

These subgenres, tend to be better recorded than most metal, has better dynamics, more subtlety, more detail, lots of emotion, etc, than most subgenres of metal, so yes, played on a better system, will benefit them.

Metal is not just one thing. Bands like I am referring to, have a very high level of musicianship (often jaw dropping), compose very complex music, play and compose with lots of emotion.

Bands like: Pain of Salvation, The Contortionist, Cynic, Tesseract, Riverside, Caligula’s Horse, Haken, Thank You Scientist, and quite a few others.

These bands may have the surface veneer of playing metal, but they are playing very sophisticated music.

Let me make one more addition to this post, just for some context.

I also listen to a lot of jazz (post bop, fusion, avant-garde), classical (modern, avant-garde, contemporary), and prog (avant-prog, classic prog, Zeuhl, Canterbury). So I am not coming from the ’metal fan-boy’ position, but of someone who likes all sorts of very well played and complex music and some metal has those attributes.
I have never appreciated Metallica as much as I have after putting together my “high end” system. There is no struggle with playing their albums at the levels they were written to be experienced. Nothing helps heavy metal like large woofers and horns. Eveyone should experience heavy metal on the new La Scalas. 
@mikelavigne 

"large scale systems, such as mine, in a purpose built, dedicated, 21’ x 29’ x 11’ room with plenty of driver surface, power grid and amplification headroom"

That's no room...(say it with me..) that's a space station!
@tablejockey ....I disagree with that conclusion, but....one needs to be 'selective' as usual... ;)
@artemus_5 ,

If you are enjoying the Judas Priest "British Steel" album, give a listen to their 2nd studio release, the 1976 album, "Sad Wings of Destiny".  A very well mixed and engineered slab of vinyl that was the beginnings of "Heavy Metal".  Another band that is on the heavy side with great engineering and mixes is the Swedish band Opeth.