Classical Music for Aficionados

I would like to start a thread, similar to Orpheus’ jazz site, for lovers of classical music.
I will list some of my favorite recordings, CDs as well as LP’s. While good sound is not a prime requisite, it will be a consideration.
  Classical music lovers please feel free to add to my lists.
Discussion of musical and recording issues will be welcome.

I’ll start with a list of CDs.  Records to follow in a later post.

Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique.  Chesky  — Royal Phil. Orch.  Freccia, conductor.
Mahler:  Des Knaben Wunderhorn.  Vanguard Classics — Vienna Festival Orch. Prohaska, conductor.
Prokofiev:  Scythian Suite et. al.  DG  — Chicago Symphony  Abbado, conductor.
Brahms: Symphony #1.  Chesky — London Symph. Orch.  Horenstein, conductor.
Stravinsky: L’Histoire du Soldat. HDTT — Ars Nova.  Mandell, conductor.
Rachmaninoff: Symphonic Dances. Analogue Productions. — Dallas Symph Orch. Johanos, cond.
Respighi: Roman Festivals et. al. Chesky — Royal Phil. Orch. Freccia, conductor.

All of the above happen to be great sounding recordings, but, as I said, sonics is not a prerequisite.

128x128rvpiano
Not as good as Jim204.

Of course Jim has the big advantage of Scotland ’s air , sky and folks .
I’m looking to get a new copy of Stravinsky’s "Rites of Spring" to replace one that was stolen years ago. Could you recommend your favorite recording of this work, Hopefully one that is still available to be purchased, or maybe not too difficult to find on the used market. I’m not looking for a high priced audiophile pressing, just a good, if not great, performance to enjoy. Thanks,

Mike
Post removed 
Antal Dorati with the Detroit Symphony on Decca.
‘My favorite version in outstanding sound.
if you do a Google search for it find Amazon’s listing where you can have it used for as little as $0.49.
19 used copies available at various prices.