Audio Research Ref 6 vs 6SE

Would like to learn about the difference between ARC Ref 6 and 6 SE. Information in the web said that 6 SE involves upgrading 18 capacitors and 14 runs of wiring. And, owners of ARC Ref 6 can upgrade it to 6SE at a cost of $3,000.
How far is the actual difference in listening? Does it worth the money to upgrade? Would dealers in different parts of the world able to do the upgrade which seems to be done on site?
cclee2022
@cclee2022 Check out the "Audio Research Ref 6 SE" thread. https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/audio-research-ref-6-se

My initial observations are there. Since that time the unit is almost re-broken-in (483 hours) and has continued to get better. It is had to know exactly though, as I continually make improvements to the system (i.e., LPS for Roon Nucleus and ENO filter, plus more), but those are sudden and there has been a continual improvement that I attribute to the SE upgrade. One of my friends visited and made an unsolicited comment about how great the system sounded (best ever), and he had heard it in the last two rooms, which were significantly better.

"Worth it" is a judgement call that depends on your personal finances and what the cost of other improvements you can make are. I would do it again, and fully recognize there will be a REF7 in a few years.
I have the Ref 6, and have heard the Ref 6SE at the dealer - now I did not do a true A/B, but I can’t say as I can hear any difference. The Ref 6E did use that cheesy plastic remote (thanks McIntosh group). The 6 has a nice aluminum remote - and who knows what else. I upgraded from an LS27 that I loved, and the Ref 6 was better - not sure if it was $10,000 dollars worth though. What I was shocked at was Rowland amps - wow - lit my system up! I am sure there are a lot more folks here that are more qualified to answer that a/b question. I always wanted to try the Cary Audio SLP-05 - but the REF 6 has given me NO issues, don’t want to fix what ain’t broke. Keep us posted.
To spend five figures or not spend five figures on a preamifier, that is the question!
(((The Ref 6E did use that cheesy plastic remote (thanks McIntosh group).
The 6 has a nice aluminum remote -))) Plaw so does now the Ref 6 SE
 this had nothing to do with the prior ownership.The Vendor who made the metal remotes was incapable to perform service.
This has now been fixed and original 6 SE owners can get their metal remotes.  My take performance wise is the Ref 6SE offers you improved bass performance and ties into the mid bass better then ever before with the new board layout , latest Cap Tech, brings a vivid liveliness,while maintaining all of the ARC ref series unique 3 dimensional floating ability which makes all ARC Ref pre amps special. Best JohnnyR