Bought a new McIntosh amp

Hello folks !
I just bought a new MC152 and now having doubts about my decision. I currently have Rotel RB-1552 mkII / RC1572 setup driving a pair of Paradigm 800f. I have not opened the sealed box yet because I’m thinking of returning the amp to be exchanged for new speakers (Klipsch) and an Rotel RB-1582 amp (more power 200w p/c).
While at Audio Advice store, I went in another demo room and listened to a Heresy IV driven by a different McIntosh setup ( MC462) and I was impressed but the mind was still on the path of getting the mc152 instead of replacing speakers.
Is it safe bet to just keep the mc152 and get a feel of speaker change later ?
I’d like to hear opinions good or bad about the MC152. Thanks !

switchman
Hello,
Go back to the store and listen to your different amp options on the speakers you have or want. You should be able to hear the different options before making the purchase. This isn’t a Ferrari that you have to buy before you can see what it can do. I don’t know why you would need more power for Klipsch speakers. Maybe these amps have different sound signatures. That’s their job to show you, not the other way around. 
Your Rotel combo and that Rotel amp looks very desirable to me. 

I would return the McIntosh, and try different speakers as others and you discuss. My McIntosh C28 and MC2250 were bulletproof, did nothing wrong, but ......, I prefer any of the tube amps I have owned or my friends own.

Klipsch, or other efficient speakers, so that eventually you might try a tube setup.

Size of your listening space?

You have a small rear port now, and the curved back of the Paradigms has to be helpful with corners, reflections. the Flat box shaped Klipsch and large rear passive radiator are my only concern regarding the Forte. I designed rear ports for my custom enclosures, they were great in prior space, plugged up in current space. 

@tomic601 In fact, the 240 has a THD of about .5%.  It does illustrate that specs are of little use when comparing amplifiers.  Ironically, some of the most sterile and unenjoyable amps I've ever heard have extremely among the lowest rated THD specs.  I do agree that the 240 is a pretty solid performance benchmark overall.  
I would not feel any remorse for owning a MC152.  What a great amplifier.  Bought my first McIntosh piece in 1990 and still have it...along with a lot of other Mc stuff bought over the years.

Sounds like your path of audio improvements is (firmly) established based on your posts and the action of opening the sealed box and not returning the MC152.  It's great to have a path / plan.

There is a lot to be said (at least in my mind) about synergy between components.  Finding the right McIntosh preamp will be another very nice upgrade and a great match to the MC152.  Add the Klipsch cabinets that you long for when the timing is right and you'll have a fantastic system.  I love horns too.

Flip on some music, forget about what we all think and simply enjoy your very nice system.  Congrats on the McIntosh purchase!  
McIntosh builds some of the finest equipment on the market today.
Like no other brand their marketing philosophy has over the years made them who they are today. The MC 152 will give you the look but will be shy of the sound from the Mc 462 Keep in mind when you start your auditioning process the bigger the Mac the more you're going to enjoy the sound.
At your current level you will enjoy the Klipsch & Rotell. IMHO I would go with the Mac when you are ready to go big.