So I just bought a Hegel H390 and

I am building a new system and I just bought a H-390.  It should arrive by the end of the week.  I want to get new to me speakers to go with it. So if you’ve have or have had a Hegel H-390 or a H-590,  what speakers under $10.000 sounded the best.  And I guess I should probably get some wires also.  Nothing crazy, but not zip cord.

Thanks.

JD
128x128curiousjim
norton,

I’m sad to say no I haven’t bought speakers yet, but I am narrowing it down slowly to the KEF, Reference one’s or Reference three’s or the Dynaudio, Confidence 20’s or the Contour 60i’s, I think.

I mentioned Totem to my wife and while she liked the “Pretty Colors”,  she thought they were way to big.
So the decision has been made.

I just ordered a pair of KEF Reference 5’s. I finally got to hear the 3’s and they made me smile at louder levels, but most of my listening is at or below 65db, so I went with the extra set of woofers for a little more base at lower levels.
I’ll let you all know when I get them and as they break in.

JD
So I finally did it.  I bought a pair of KEF Reference 5’s!
 I spent a bit more than I was originally planning on spending, but the deed is done and they have just been delivered. 
So let the listening begin.

JD
Post removed 
Ha, I was just going to suggest you chose the genre of speaker as first priority, but I see you have bought one. Kudos! Enjoy! 

Regarding Bluejeans Cables, see my review of Iconoclast Cables at Dagogo.com for the relationship between these companies.