Which DAC is better?

I am using a new  Bluesound Node 2 connected with the default RCA cables into my Parasound Hint 6.

This uses the Nodes DAC and not the Hint 6s DAC. If i understand correctly, I can connect the Node using an optical/usb cable into the Hint 6 thereby using the Hints DAC and not the Nodes.

Which is the better option? 

I am aware i can buy some cables and test this out for myself.
 I was just curious if anyone else had an opinion.
epz
why ask if you can just try it?  trust your ears and make the effort to decide
Use a COAX cable yo your preamp. Better than optical. Don’t use the default rca cables. Please.  
I have the Node 2i and would be very happy with the internal DAC if it was my only option but I am currently running it through an external DAC to my preamp. I do find the DAC in the Node 2i to get better at higher volumes.
As others have stated go with the SPDIF Coax cable from the Node to your preamp to test the DAC in the Hint. You won’t get the higher res transfer from the Node using an optical cable.
You should be able to also connect the Node from the analog outputs in the Node to the Hint and switch inputs back and forth to compare the DAC's one after the other.

tgilb

Spot on. Buy an inexpensive coax cable, experiment and listen. You may find you agree with the majority of Node2i users and prefer not to use the onboard DAC. The worst that will happen is you hear no difference and you just have an extra cable. From what I've heard is the Node2i DAC is it's weak link. The Hint DAC is very good.