Something For The Fuse Guys ...

There are fuses, and then, there are fuses. 

I'm evaluating some prototype fuses that I received in the mail three days ago. 

Over the past few years, I've used fuses from five different manufacturers. The last three were the Red, Black and Blue fuses from Synergistic Research. Each one incrementally improved the sound of my system. My favorite so far was the SR Blue. 

The prototype fuses being evaluated presently raises the SQ beyond all of the others mentioned above. The major improvement to my ears is better tonal accuracy. Instruments and voices are more life-like. The noise is reduced allowing for a more solid 3-D presentation with the musicians more solidly presented on the sound stage. Overall, more information is fleshed out of CDs and LPs. 

The manufacturer, the price and the name of the prototype fuses will come later. I don't have the information thus far. My understanding is, if all works out, the release date is to be mid-October. 

Stay tuned ... 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa
Post removed 
@oregonpapa
Thanks for that description on the SR Purple fuses. I’ve been looking for a review of their new fuse. A coworker and I have been discussing getting the SR Orange fuses the last several weeks to try in our systems. Our systems are very different from each other both in level of equipment and approach to music reproduction. We thought this would be an interesting experiment to try. Also, I have the SR Foundation cables in my system and know they make high quality product that works. Do you think it would be worth trying the Purple fuse at just the amplifier level to start? We both think the cost difference between the Orange and the Purple is minor enough to try the new fuses.  

Cheers!
femoore12 ...

You're welcome ... 

Your choice where to start, but I've always started with the line stage as everything that is plugged into it is affected, including the amp. For the price difference, I would go for the SR Purple fuse. As stated above, it was a substantial improvement over the SR Orange fuses that they replaced. 

Frank
@oregonpapa 
Did you remove your post describing the fuse or was it deleted? I wanted to say thank you for the reply to my questions. The line stage makes complete sense. I admit I am a bit hesitant to start there because it requires me to open my relatively new preamp to access the fuse. I will try the amps first and go from there.

Thanks!