Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten
@david_ten,

"This despite Nenuphar specs, which suggest otherwise" 

Good point but only if one relies exclusively on specs and numbers on printed paper and ignore the actual words uttered by Grzegorz  Rulka. He will with patience and conviction explain precisely why the Nenuphars preform brilliantly with low power tube amplifiers (Of suitable quality)  with zero NFB and high output impedance.  Just ask him😊.

The added bonus of the Nenuphar is it is capable of performing very well with amplifiers that do not fit those clearly stated parameters. Grzegorz has been very open about the design and targeted amplification for his speaker. I readily acknowledge that there are people driving the Nenuphars with solid state amplifiers quite successfully. 
Charles 
They work well with low-powered amps because they sound extremely lively and engaging at lower volume levels.  Unlike most contemporary speakers, you don't have to crank them up to get your toes tapping.  I am a fan of that kind of sound, whether from full-range/wide range drivers or from horn-based systems.
I'v posted a few photos under a quickly assembled systems page (dspringham's System). I'll have to some close up to showcase the Nenuphar cabinets - really quite gorgeous - the high gloss piano finish is elegant.

Signal chain;
Ansuz C2 Power Distributor and power cables > Antipodes K30 Digital Player/Server with local SS drive storage > USB > Vinnie Rossi L2iSE w/DAC module (currently used as preamp with Elrog 300B or Linlai Global 2A3 tubes) > single ended Decware Silver interconnects > Decware Super Zen SE84UFO2 (V-Caps, Decware Silver power cable) > Decware silver plated speaker cables > Cube Audio Nenuphar.

Additional recent listening has reinforced the attributes of the "little" Decware. Can't get over how well this measly 2 watts propels the Nenuphars. The Zen has top deck hi/low output transformer selector (2-8/8-16) switches but I don't detect much difference switching between the two.

The other cool thing about the Zen is the tube rolling possibilities with rectifier, output and driver tubes options. Already drooling over the prospect of the Anniversary rendition, however the backlog for new builds is too lengthy. Preowned - good luck.

Honestly, I though the VR L2iSE did sound just fine with it's built-in single device JFET output stage but the Zen just adds that last bit of air, righteous tone and life-breathing liveliness that takes favourite tunes a higher plane. By the way, the Zen is absolutely quiet at idle.

@dspringham Thanks for posting your photos. Gorgeous. Can’t wait for the close-ups!!!

What base are you using for the front spikes?

Thanks also for sharing your system chain. What are your thoughts on the K30 server/player?
Here’s additional clarification re. my post on performance ~ sound volume ~ vis a vis low output power amps. In this case, my Found Music 2A3s.

My reference is the normal volumes I listen to music. A majority of my listening generally falls in the mid to high 70 dB (average) SPL range at my listening position (common room/area reasons). I will listen in the low to mid 80 dB (average) SPL range when I’m by myself. These numbers are for acoustic Jazz...not, repeat not EDM, which I play at higher volumes when I’m by myself.

Note: Average SPLs are measured with mobile apps...not accurate of course, but in the ballpark.