Revel f12 owners....

Just curious what others auditioned before taking the plunge...I was impressed with what I heard...I ultimately went with another Harmon product...Infinity Primus 360/362 tower...very similar configuration/ construction to f12s...anybody done an informal comparison?...
128x128phasecorrect
I read that the newer model primus 363 has a thicker and better braced cabinet than the primus 362, Harman's goal was to correct the lively cabinet when they replaced the p362 with the p363, my p363's cabinets measure 3/4 of an inch thick, I'm driving my revel f12's and the p363's on a forte 4a 50 wpc of pure class A amplifier and i can honestly say that the revels beat the p363's hands down, if you compare the two speakers in the same room using the same equipment as I did you will see that revel is a much better sounding speaker, it's not even close especially when you crank them up, the revels have an In-room response of ±1.0dB from 58Hz to 18kHz, that's damb good.
Kid...not taking any thunder form the F12s...your happy with your purchase...I am happy with mine...362/363 share the same specs...which are very similar to the 360 reviewed in Stereophile...the Primus 36X models are extremely flat as well...they both have the benefit of Harmon's deep pockets testing facility...I just couldn't afford the 1k or more difference for the F12s...so I settled for the Primus...which isn't a bad compromise...enjoy your Revels my friend....
Final update for those curious about Primus line...more money will get one improved transparency, higher resolution,deeper bass,improved cosmetics, etc...however...as mentioned...the real strength of the budget design is in the imaging/soundstaging arena...this is where the speaker can compete comfortably with far pricier models...however lets be clear: don't expect 2k Sonus Faber sound for $600 MSRP...that being said... I prefer a BIG sonic picture...and the Primus offers a nearly full range depiction with a very nice separation of instruments...and a level of involvement and musicality that is virtually non-existence at its price point...one could go the reference monitor route with improved detail,etc...but once one factors in stands and a musical sub...the Primus becomes almost a no-brainer in terms of price vs Performance...I acquired a second pair in case Harmon ever decides to discontinue the line....
I would give a listen to the magnepan MMG $600 MSRP, aside from deep bass response they are very detailed from top to bottom and throw a really nice 3D soundstage much better than the primus series, they lack a little in dynamics so I wouldn't recommend them for rock music.
I agree with you though, the primus speakers are hard to beat at their price, I remember people buying them new a few years ago for only $199 a pair, at that price they were a steal, there is a used pair of revel f12's on the bay for $800.