Revel f12 owners....

Just curious what others auditioned before taking the plunge...I was impressed with what I heard...I ultimately went with another Harmon product...Infinity Primus 360/362 tower...very similar configuration/ construction to f12s...anybody done an informal comparison?...
128x128phasecorrect
I have the infinity primus p363's and the revel f12 so I can tell you that the revels blow the infinity's away, they even sound better than the infinity beta 50's, had them too, the revels have much better drivers than the infinity's, revel uses cast aluminum baskets on all their drivers as compared to infinity's stamped sheet metal drivers, the crossover is better in the revels too, the revel uses a 1 inch dome tweeter as compared to infinity's 3/4 inch dome, most people who own the infinity's complain that infinity should have used a 1 inch dome in the speaker as the 3/4 inch tweeter they use doesn't sound that great, the cabinet is thicker on the revel and made of a higher quality board.
Thanks Kid...I used to own the Beta 50s as well as the Interlude 40s...both at higher price points then the P362...the Primus is a much more balanced, musical speaker...the excessive bass/mid-bass bloat of those made for a challenging listen at times...the Primus still retains the soft treble/warm bass/smooth presentation Infinity is known for...albeit far more neutral this time around...soundstaging, imaging, and transparency are excellent...I have no doubt the F12s are a better speaker...but the Primus are an exceptional value...Stereophile got it right...as measurements don't lie...

After many changes and upgrades over the years, I am extremely happy with my system. After spending fifteen years with my wonderful Vandersteen 1C's, I am experiencing a greatly improved sound of music with my new Revel F-12 speakers. The synergy between all my components is quite good, and the musical enjoyment is sublime. The hours spent in my listening chair are truly glorious, and I'm a very happy music lover !
Update: After auditioning some F12s yet again...following thoughts on them vs Primus 362...the F12s have the edge in deep bass response...but the effect is not dramatic...touch more transparent/detailed in the midrange...but again, splitting hairs as the 362s are no slouch in this area...imaging and soundstaging are a virtual dead heat...as these are the 362s strenghths...their soundstage L-R width is really quite impressive...more so given the price point...they both are a bit on the polite side...but the difference between the two is closer than many would think...the Revels did receive a full grade(B) above the Primus in Stereophile...which means they are both excellent products