If there’s an audiophile exit ramp, this ain’t it…

Audiogon and the audio press, I mean. I finally have the system I was aiming for and had imagined for my future, as conjured from the cryptic pages of stereophile etc. — incredible transparency, scale, and ‘realness’ — but whenever I’m drawn to these sites/pages, as I have been for two years, I am confronted again with doubt and a vague longing for ‘perfection’ in a new purchase. I just want to enjoy the music.

Im ready for the audiophile exit ramp, and this ain’t it…
redwoodaudio
Your Absolare integrated is very interesting. And how it must be a terrific match for your 5/5s. How would you compare the 5/5s to Harbeth 40s? Love the BBC sound!
@steamerdude 

That the OP posts the question, he really does not want to find that exit ramp.

I'm definitely conflicted.  These forums and magazines/websites have been fun and useful, but now they're becoming the opposite.  Making me doubt the quality of my system and obsess about further tweaks/upgrades that I can't afford.

I think I will take a break from Audiogon for awhile.  I've already let my Absolute Sound subscription expire.  I have a 3 year subscription to Stereophile and will continue to see if it interests me in the coming months.  

I've let audiophilia consume so much of my brainspace, I'm nervous to see how often I reach for audio stuff as a reflex.  I'm anticipating some withdrawal effects.
@cd318 --

Unfortunately we seem to be infected by a virus for which there is no known cure.

I'm hoping taking a step back from the sites will help a bit, but we'll see.