REL vs JL AUDIO

Who makes the best subwoofer for music? REL or JL AUDIO? REL uses High level, JL AUDIO low level with EQ. Which will be better for music. 
jeffvegas

mijostyn5,059 posts
Some of the information I agree with you but when it comes to speed and accuracy with the subwoofers, I don’t. It has to do with time alignment with the speaker of choice. You want everything to be in tune, exactly how it is produced. If the sub is ported, it doesn’t require as much power as a sealed subwoofer. If it is a push-pull subwoofer with 2 active or 1 active and 1 passive, it reacts a bit faster and requires less power. I will agree from experience that a class A/B amplifier subwoofer sounds a little better but that does depend on the build. JL, REL, M & K, etc have been in the game a long time and have mastered the Class D amplification. JL started in the car world and now dabs in both home and auto. The subwoofer that’s in the Fathom subs which are my favorite are W7 10”, 12”, & 13”. During the time when a JL representative was on a video chat at HIFI Buy I asked if they have considered utilizing their W7 8” in a single or dual  for their Fathom or their Gotham. He answered that it wouldn’t be cost effective to build but he does understand the want for it. The 8” W7 is their best seller in the car audio world. I’m not a fan of Bose but think about how they figured it out utilizing 5” subwoofers. The cabinet design also plays a huge part. 
I have had 2 JL Audio F112 v1 for a long time now, they are pair with Wilson Sophia v1, I use a Trinnov AL16 to do bass management, they are brilliant and build quality is tops. I have used them with multiple setups, tube and SS preamps. If you take the time to do the setup with location and built in room correction, they are solid addition to any setup.
I use my JL Audio Fathoms with Wilson Audio Maxx 2’s with the special Wilson Audio Crossover. What a difference it makes with the right equipment.
Seems like the people with the high end loudspeakers are using JL AUDIO.  Is REL Midfi?