Tannoy Westminister VS dc10 Instrument Grande V

looking for a large formal loudspeaker for our fairly large formal den 28x40 12 foot ceiling oak floors the space is open and not cluttered I'm not looking for magico even though they are my neighbors and don't like the looks of the big Wilson's plus they are too $$$ I want something that looks like real wood is very efficient and is 50K or less!

Steve
berkelyaudiogeek
We hope the have the L'Instrument Grand Voix at the T.H.E. show in Las Vegas this coming January!

Q
Kudos to Quad-man for his honesty in posts and for admitting when a great speaker is great. That along would make me want to check out his products. The posts about great sound also makes me want to check them out.
The only "catch" with Tannoy's in general is they take 6 months to a year to break-in which in my opinion is a minor flaw in the driver design; I think the spiders used are too stiff for the lightweight diaphragms used and would be improved with the use of a stable yet more flexible spider. IMHO

Q
I don't particularly agree about the "glitch" with Tannoys: many speakers I have purchased new have taken similar break in times. And I'll add this: out of the box they were incredibly enjoyable, first 10 minutes. The bass deepened, become more dynamic, and got warmer, but we enjoyed them from day 1. And they were easy to listen to from day 1.