When will Wadia 581 be available

Did anybody hear something about the Wadia 581 yet. I am waiting already for 5 months for the new CD player. I made already a payment and hope to get it soon. I heard they have problems writing the new software. Now I see some shops offering it while the German and Dutch distributor do not have it yet. Luckily I still have my Krell CD player but now I bought an 861B again for my second system since the 581 is not available (only vapourware).

What will the price be in America. In Europe it will be around 9000 euro new.

Peter
sprbggr

As of right now Wadia expects to begin shipping the new W581 during the week of June 26. This date applys to all dealers and distributors in all markets.

There has been more R&D required than previously anticipated which has continuouly pushed back the expected ship date. Our engineers are in the process of finalizing a new reference clock and thus far the results have been extraordinay.

Our dealers and distributors have been and are currently taking orders. As of this moment we are sold through our first double production run and new orders can expect shipment towards the end of July.

we have updated our website with additional information on the W581, but if anyone has specific questions about the W581 I can address them in this thread or you can email me at [email protected]
Well now it is 7 months ago since I made a payment for the Wadia and still no 581. Two of my friends already cancelled their order for the Wadia 581. Is Wadia still alive ??.

They must ship the 581 soon because my friends are now looking for other brand CD player. Without a good CD player they will loose business. I do not understand why they do not sell the 861 anymore until they have a replacement. Can you imagine a car company stopping the old model for one year and then bring up the next model. Normally always a new model will replace the old model. Sometimes both of them are available in the same time. If there would be more 861 available my friends maybe will buy a 861. Now they will buy Levinson or something else.

Peter
Wadia's marketing and timing are not their strength. but funny that it is precisely their unique, independent, detached, innovative, and solid ways that attracted me to their technology and products.

i agree that it is never fun to wait for a product already paid for to arrive. it was a painful 3 months to wait for my 861b, and 12 more months for the metal remote. but do you agree that the making of products of great quality should not be rushed?

i believe Wadia depleted its supply of TEAC transports, thus, is unable to make more 861...

best wishes to Peter and Wadia.
scott
So far still no Wadia. I am happy if I receive it before Chrismas. This means one year !!! waiting time. Let's wait and see. I am close to cancelling my order. I like the Wadia CD players but will stick to Krell since they are available and more reliable.